Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Back Up Everything

This is the first post in a few days and thankfully it is possible. This has been a terrible computer week, again!!

I got off work Sunday evening and went home where I found that my girlfriend had “some kind of problem” with the computer, and instead of waiting for me to get home, she did what she thought was a restore, but was instead a F10-destructive restore, and I lost everything that I had on the computer. It is now a computer that is pristine, just out of the box and I am distraught that four years of files and folders are GONE!!

My wisdom of TODAY, is to back up your work on a separate site or flash drive, because if you do not, you will end up like me, with loss of files that cannot be replaced, loss of photos, loss of everything............It is like a kick in the stomach to realize that everything that you have done and put on a computer can be gone in a matter of minutes.

I am trying to rebuild the computer, but truly this is a task that shall never be completed or resolved in a “good” way.

Take Care and BACK UP YOUR FILES!!RIGHT NOW!!!

Be Cool!!!

No comments: