Sunday, August 17, 2008

Police Dispatcher Saves Blaze The Wonder Jack Russell


Last week I was thanking law enforcement for the awesome job they did when
we had the R22 gas leak at the Coral Ridge Mall, and this week I am thanking the awesome Iowa City Police Dispatcher, who helped my friend retrieve Blaze the "old" Wonder Jack Russell.

After I posted my column looking for assistance, my friend contacted the Iowa
City Police again, and explained the type of medicine the "old" dog was on, the
dispatcher contacted the shelter director, who in turn contacted the animal
control officer, and Blaze was able to be picked up in Hills last evening. He was
home by 10 p.m. exhausted, but otherwise alright.

They did not get the name of the wonderful lady who was the Dispatcher, so I
am sending "her" a special thank you here and in a card which I am sending to the police department on Monday, and a general thank you to everyone who
assisted in getting the "old man" home :)

I am sending a special donation to the animal shelter this week, and encourage everyone out there to do so as well, as they do Great work for the animals in their care!!

p.s. the reference to doggy "jail" was sarcastic humor aimed at Blaze, because he is a "three time offender" and was not meant as a slam on the animal shelter!!

Have A GREAT Sunday!!

No comments: