Saturday, June 23, 2007

U of I Football Coaches Mother Dies

I just read my Hawkeye Update email when I got home from work today and I saw that University of Iowa's Football Coach, Kirk Ferentz's mother Elsie Mae Ferentz, died Tuesday at the age of 85. She was a resident of Asbury Heights, Pennsylvania, and there are reports that she had suffered from a long illness.

It said that services will be at 11 a.m. at the Christ Methodist Church, 44 Highland Road, bethel Park, Pennsylvania and memorial contributions can be made to the Asbury Benevolent Fund, 700 Bower Hill Road, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 15243, and Christ United Methodist Church, 44 Highland Road, Bethel Park, Friday. She will be Buried at Mt. Lebanon, PA. Cemetary.

It really doesn't matter that this woman lived 85 years, because no matter how long your parents live it is always difficult to lose them. My parents are dead, with my Father dying at age 57 and My Mother at age 60, and even though it has been about six years since my Mother died and seventeen since my father died, it still hurts when I think about it. Thank God that we can keep busy and never have to dwell on their deaths, as a matter of fact there are those few times when I am really busy that I get a notion to give them a call and it is then that I realize that they are no longer here.

To Mr. Kirk Ferentz and his family I send my condolences and my prayers. May you have good memories of your Mother and Your Father, who I read is also deceased and may they rest in peace.

No comments: