Friday, May 02, 2008

The Computer Is Fixed?!


Another day in my computer saga, and it is not all "bad". I was able to install Windows 2000 Professional on my Acer laptop. I still cannot find the new Windows XP disk anywhere, so between the two new OES's I have spent about $500. I did find the key for the Windows 2000 Pro, and that is how I am writing, and posting, this update.

There are some unique problems with using it, that I have not been able to figure out, but overall I am able to get my "fix" of the internet, and that is important?. The image is bigger than the screen and I cannot make it fit the screen, so I need to scroll up and down, and back and forth to read a story or view an email. The second problem is the colors are weird, and I have tried several settings to no avail~~when viewing photos, they look like paintings or negatives, and when viewed long enough, can give you a headache.

Anyway, hopefully this will work "UNTIL" I "find" the Windows XP disk or it reappears on my computer desk, as "mysteriously", as it disappeared, and I can re-install the "correct" OES, on this thing!!

Have A Great Friday~~Happy and Funny things to come, as we enjoy being back in the "thick" of my favorite sites!! :)

Sorry for Rambling, but I am Celebrating~~kind of?!!
Happy~Happy~~Joy~Joy!!!

p.s. I think I am going to take the advice of my Friends on MySpace and look at Apple for a future computer!!

No comments: