Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Kennedy Being Hospitalized Was NOT Funny


I was watching this story unfold all day yesterday, as I had made a "joke" the other day about Ted Kennedy entering the hospital, partly as a "new" Hillary "voodoo" strategy, and partly because the rich, and or politicians have such awesome health care that they can go to the hospital with a headache, stubbed toe, or indigestion, while the rest of us have to think about whether or not we can go, even if we rip a limb off, or are dying of pneumonia.
Anyway, while I still believe some of this is Senator Kennedy's karma returning, I do know he is a stalwart fighter for his causes, and I feel for his family.
I just spent the last two years worrying, and standing by my 22 year old niece as she had brain surgery on a tumor, underwent chemotheraphy, and radiation, so I do understand what is ahead for this family. My neice is 6 months clear, but has to be checked every three months. She had only been married two weeks when she found out, and so far she is cancer free, but the treatments put this 22 year old into menapause so she cannot have children. Her husband is awesome, and as soon as they "know" that she is cancer "free" for awhile longer they will adopt, as there are so many children who need good parents, and they would be excellent parents, so I hope that comes to pass!!
My best wishes to Ted Kennedy and his family in this deadly struggle, and may the public awareness, spur people to get checked sooner, and perhaps it will save lives.
To The Story At Yahoo News:
Sen. Edward M. Kennedy gave a thumbs up to well-wishers and kisses to relatives as he walked out of the hospital Wednesday, a day after learning he has a cancerous brain tumor.
A square bandage at the back of his head marked the spot where doctors performed a biopsy Monday that led them to diagnose the Massachusetts Democrat with malignant glioma. Experts say such tumors are almost always fatal.
Kennedy's dogs, Sunny and Splash, met him at the hospital door. Hospital workers and well-wishers greeted Kennedy with applause. Before he and his wife, Vicki, got into a dark Chevrolet Suburban, he kissed his daughter, Kara, and his niece Caroline Kennedy, and embraced his son, Rep. Patrick Kennedy, D-R.I.

LINK TO FULL STORY

No comments: