Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Non Embryonic Stem Cell Research



How cool is this next story, that if accurate could change the lives of millions and the attitude of governments and churches.

Scientists have made ordinary human skin cells take on the chameleon-like powers of embryonic stem cells, a startling breakthrough that might someday deliver the medical payoffs of embryo cloning without the controversy.

Laboratory teams on two continents report success in a pair of landmark papers released Tuesday. It's a neck-and-neck finish to a race that made headlines five months ago, when scientists announced that the feat had been accomplished in mice.

Everytime something like this comes out there are still a few on the religious side that may say that doing this is "playing God", and I wonder if God is wondering to himself "How could I have given such intelligence and creative ability to my creations, and yet they keep second guessing themselves about what I intended. Hello, I gave you the abilities to create, don't squander them or that would be a sin and an affront to me!" Of course there is also the scenario, that the religious people are right and we are "playing God", and then HE shall smite us!:)

If you have a moment please let me know what you think. I am hoping that this is a procedure that is not an affront to "God", and that it can help so many who suffer and die each day, because they are not able to reap the possible benefits of stem cell research! Thanks!

stem cells

No comments: