Tuesday, July 31, 2007

New View Of Last Supper?

I was reading this story the other day and found it interesting how everyone keeps trying to find hidden meanings in Da Vinci's work, and more so since the Dan Brown book and the Da Vinci Code movie. Now I have not read or watched the movie as I think it is mostly silly, but it is probably harmless fun, except for the few folks that take it seriously.

Years ago I read the book, "Holy Blood, Holy Grail", which was about the bloodline of Jesus, after he left the Holy Land and went to Rome. It was a good read, and at that young age, I enjoyed conspiracy theories and what might have beens. I think that is probably where Mr. Brown got his ideas, even though he testified that he had not, in an English court earlier this year, as the authors of the Holy Blood book had sued him over the liberal use of their book and sources.

Anyway this new view of the "Last Supper" has Europe in a stir, but I tried to follow the links in the story and I keep getting error messages, so perhaps the servers are still overwhelmed. I thought I would get this posted so that others may have a chance to find the superimposed image and see what they think. I shall also try some more searches and if I find a link that will get us there I will post it.

Good luck and if you find a link that works, please write back, so we can share it with others.

A new theory that Leonardo's "Last Supper" might hide within it a depiction of Christ blessing the bread and wine has triggered so much interest that Web sites connected to the picture have crashed.

Jesus

No comments: