Wednesday, July 18, 2007

U Of I Faculty Rethinking Wellmark Offer

This has been a great two days for someone like me, who is laughing out loud, as the faculty of the University of Iowa College of Public Health is rethinking its' decision to turn down the Wellmark offer of $15 million, just for naming a building after them. I guess they had an emergency meeting on Monday, called by University of Iowa's interim President Gary Fethke, to discuss ways to reignite the talks to get the money from Wellmark.

My offer to accept the gift is still open, but if they do decide to take the gift from Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield, I hope that there are other stipulations besides just naming a building after the company. If I were Wellmark, and please feel free to use my suggestion, I would require that each faculty member appear in public at the ground breaking ceremony and have them kiss the Wellmark representatives derrieres, for having given Wellmark the finger initially.

I am sure it will not happen, but it would be appropriate and entertaining! Truthfully, I am still hoping Wellmark will come to its' senses and accept my very generous naming proposal. Anyway, this story should continue to bring enjoyment for weeks to come. Have A Wonderful Laugh Out Loud Week! LOL!

No comments: