Friday, July 06, 2007

U Of I Faculty Turns Down Wellmark Name

There was a story that said the faculty at the University Of Iowa College of Public Health overwhelmingly rejected the idea of naming their college after Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield, but said they are open to negotiating with the insurance company on a different name.

The faculty said that changing the name to Wellmark might affect research at the facility. Really? You mean that these researchers are such hacks that the name of the building that they do research in is enough to change the outcome of their research. We should be worried that they are doing any meaningful research right now, if they are this easily influenced.

As for the potential gift of $15 million dollars from Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield, I would like to offer myself as a potential recipient. I will gladly change my name to Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield and have it tattooed on my arms if they would wish, so please give me a call and we'll see what we can work out to get the gift changed to me. I would even thank you loudly, everyday to everyone that I meet. Yeah Me!!

No comments: