Friday, February 29, 2008

Amazing Baby Survival Story


I was at Yahoo News, and saw this amazing "cool" survival story from Thursday:

AHMEDABAD, India (Reuters) - A newborn baby girl survived an ignoble birth after slipping down the toilet bowl of a moving Indian train onto the tracks when a pregnant woman unexpectedly gave birth while relieving herself on Tuesday.

"My delivery was so sudden," said the Bhuri Kalbi, the mother of the infant, born two months prematurely. "I did not even realize that my child had slipped from the hole in the toilet." Kalbi, a 33-year-old woman from a village in Rajasthan, fainted on the toilet seat after the birth for a few minutes before waking up and alerting her family.

As you follow the link to the Yahoo story, you will see a photo of the baby girl to the left of the story. What a wild story she will have to tell as she grows up. Truly a "Miracle"?! I haven't done a "Cool" Person story for awhile, but she definitely has the "Coolest" story of anyone I have read about for some time!!


Amazing Baby Survival Story

No comments: