Saturday, August 04, 2007

Abraham Lincoln Quotes

Civil War

As we head into Sunday and the end of the weekend I would like to share a website with you that has quotes from Abraham Lincoln, who is in my opinion the Greatest President of Our country. He is Great in so many ways that it sends shivers up my spine, when I think of everything that he went through, and the tragedy that befell our country, when he was robbed of the ability to rebuild the country, after the Civil War. He tore the country apart, to rebuild her stronger than ever, and I think that if he had lived the rebuilding of this battered nation would have been even better, than it was under Johnson. Sadly that is only wishful thinking as history has a way of being unchanging.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the site and can gain from his wisdom and quotes. In the future we shall provide other major and minor figures who gave quotes that will live in our memories for all time, such as Sir Winston Churchill's famous "fight them on the beaches", quote, but that is for another day.

Take Care.

"In your hands, my dissatisfied fellow-countrymen, and not in mine, is the momentous issue of civil war. The Government will not assail you. You can have no conflict without being yourselves the aggressors. You have no oath registered in heaven to destroy the Government, while I shall have the most solemn one to 'preserve, protect, and defend it'." Abraham Lincoln Source: March 4, 1861 - Lincoln's First Inaugural Address

quotes

No comments: