Monday, August 06, 2007

Execution Style Killing Of Newark Students

I had heard this story on television as I was getting ready for work and spent all day trying to get my internet to work and am hoping that I can stay connected long enough to post this and provide a link to the full story at Yahoo News.

My sympathy goes out to the family of these good kids, who were just trying to have a little fun before heading to college in a few weeks. How very sad that they died this tragically!

We are very lucky to live in the relatively "safe" city such as Iowa City, as the people of Newark have killings occurring regularly according to the reports and the comments of some of its' citizen's.

In a city where gun violence has become an all too common part of daily life, these shootings were enough to chill even the most hardened residents: Four young friends shot execution-style in a schoolyard just days before they were to head to college.

murdered

No comments: