Thursday, August 09, 2007

Beware Of Spammers Using Attachments

Here is an important story for those of us who use computers and receive e-mails in connection with our business and personal lives. I just had one of the spam attachments, which I opened as it has my sister's first name as the sender (pure coincidence), I was very tired and not paying close enough attention. It opened and a trojan horse virus tried to secure itself to my computer, but I have had viruses ruin computers before, so I had spent the money and had Webroot spyware and anti-virus on my computer. It battled the virus, and I had to do a complete sweep, which took about two hours, but this one time made me feel as if the money I had spent was well worth it!

The story begins, If you think a lot of fake e-greeting cards and unexpected e-mail attachments are landing in your inbox lately, you’re right. Spammers have once again reinvented their techniques and in recent weeks have been pummeling inboxes with specially crafted messages that evade many spam filters. Their latest trick: Adobe Acrobat attachments hawking stocks and the usual body-enhancement medicines.

The crooks and spammers are everywhere and we just to remember to think before we open emails or attachments that we are not 100% sure, are legitimate. Safe computing!

Attachments

No comments: