Thursday, August 02, 2007

Time To Leave Iraq

The news out of Iraq is the proverbial "straw that breaks the camels back" for me in my support for our troops remaining in Iraq. The Iraqi government has decided to take a month's vacation in August, instead of trying to meet the benchmarks that the Bush administration has set for them to meet by September.

This announcement came on a day when three more American soldiers were killed, "protecting" this fledgling "democracy". It shows me that these people do not care enough about whether or not their government survives to stay in session and get this stuff done, so we need to leave and let them fight it out among themselves, as too many troops have died to be disrespected in this cavalier fashion.

I used quite a bit of profanity when I first heard the news about the "vacation", but now I have calmed down enough to just write this little post and say how sorry that so many of our young men and women have died for this pathetic Iraqi government. We need to withdraw immediately. We should send every available jet, plane, and ship and leave within the week and to hell with the Iraqi's.
If they had chosen to stay in session and get their country in order I would have continued my support, but I think that their actions warrant a complete withdrawal, so that no more troops die for their "democracy".
Time

No comments: